Police are looking to identify a man whose skeletal remains were located in Anmore in 1994
2021-08-09 09:00 PDT
File # 1994-4807
Coquitlam RCMP are hoping that the skeletal remains of a man found in 1994 may now be identified with the enhanced media and social media opportunities available.
The unidentified man’s body was discovered February 7, 1994 in Anmore. The investigation determined that the death likely occurred in early spring of 1993. The investigation determined that the death was not suspicious, and police would like to be able to provide closure for the family of this man with your help.
Some of the man’s confirmed details include:
- Caucasian man,
- Age between 25 to 40-years-old,
- Approximately 5’11 (180 cm) tall,
- Brown hair,
- Pronounced jaw.
The clothing/items found with the unidentified man:
- Navy blue baseball hat with "LORIS AZZARO PARIS" written in silver letters (French designer),
- Navy blue bag with beige trim, buckle and "Nikon" printed on (camera bag),
- Black high top Nike running shoe (Size 9.5, regular production basketball style shoe),
- Black t-shirt: The Romantics in Heat Tour,
- Windbreaker jacket (full zipper, black on lower half, green on upper half, and yellow on arms).
There are currently just under 200 unsolved UHR cases in the Province of British Columbia. Details from this investigation can be found on Canada’s Missing. Other information is available on the BC Coroners Service’s Unidentified Human Remains Viewer (case# 1994-0228-0252). Anyone who has information that may help identify this man is asked to contact the Coquitlam RCMP non-emergency number at 604-945-1550. If you wish to remain anonymous, please call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS).
Cst. Deanna Law
Media Relations Officer
Coquitlam RCMP Media RelationsOffice: (604) 945-1580
- Date modified: