About RCMP in B.C.
Unique in the world as a federal, provincial, and municipal policing body, the RCMP enforces federal laws across the country and provincial/territorial laws in all provinces (except Ontario and Quebec).
BC RCMP (
E Division) is a complex and diverse police force which provides service 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to all but 11 communities in BC. From small rural towns and villages to larger urban cities—no matter where the call for service is received—or first responders are connected to, and supported by, a wide-range of BC RCMP police services.
- The BC RCMP consists of approximately 10,480 employees, of which 6,800 are police officers.
- We police 99% of the geographic area of BC.
- 72% of BC citizens live in RCMP jurisdictions.
- There are 144 BC RCMP detachments, serving 150 municipalities
- Over 200 Indigenous communities are served by the BC RCMP
- We answer more than 1 million calls for service in a year.
Please check our Police Services and Detachments pages for more information on the range of services we provide, from School Liaisons to Air Services.
Connecting with you
We want to connect with you and we welcome your input and feedback.
- Contact us by e-mail with your questions, concerns and suggestions.
- Join the conversation on Facebook: @bcrcmpnews
- Follow us on Twitter: @bcrcmp
- Follow us on Instagram: @bcrcmp
These tools are effective ways of getting timely information to you. In addition to general public safety information and emerging issues, we are using these tools as a means of alerting the public of immediate safety concerns and unfolding events such as Amber Alerts, evacuations, missing persons, and road closures, among others.
- Date modified: